Visual Basic Express

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Hi,

I'm using Visual Basic Express 2010 and if I create a dll as described in the documentation (importing Autorun and inheriting TaskBase), then the dll doesn't show up in the list of available tasks (when I browse to the dll's folder from Autorun). I am missing one step from the documentation however, setting the debug parameters to start an external program to Autorun.exe. Express doesn't allow for external debugging.

So the question is, what is the importance of setting the debug parameters? I would have thought that when browsing for available tasks, that Autorun would look for any dll that implements a TaskBase class?

Regards,

Andrew McMillan

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Hello,

this is an old post but it can still help... If you publish a new version of your DLL, you must stop autorun through the "Services" application (not the "stop" button in Autorun). Otherwise, the old DLL remains loaded into memory and you don't see the new tasks.

I'm still wondering how to dynamically unload an assembly from memory. If someone has a concrete code sample, it would be great!

Best regards
Serge