Error in assembly

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:25 AM
Hi,

my name is Ariel from Argentina. I have next error. when want a new task from DLL o EXE application.

Error in IOAccessManagement::GetFiles(C:\WINDOWS)

in all DLL o EXE to exucute. Sorry by my bad english.... i can do to fix problem?

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Good afternoon Ariel,

I'm trying to understand how you deployed Autorun. As far as I can see, the I/O error is occuring on C:\Windows. Maybe you did install Autorun there, or your task libraries. Anyway, this should not be done! I advice you to install autorun in c:\program files\autorun or c:\autorun or any or [drive]:\[Path]. Please note that if you are using Vista, it is not a good idea to place the program under Program Files, especially if UAC is activated (I guess that every deployment of a new library will require the program to be started with admin credentials)

Second point is: how do you use Autorun? Using the builtin server, calling as a standalone server, or as a Windows service?

In order to be sure where the problem is located; may I advice you to download the source code of Autorun, open the solution, and add you task library projet into the solution. This way, you will be able to debug very easily where your problem is located.

Hope this helps,
Serge
May 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I know this is an old post, but I thought it might help someone else also running into a similar issue.

We can get this problem when the types assemblies you are trying to reflect on are built with higher versions of the .NET framework.

I was having a similar problem. I downloaded the code and re-built the Application and Framework project to use .NET Framework 4.0 (instead of 2.0) and then it worked like a charm.

Nevertheless, Serge -- GREAT work on creating this AutoRun project. It definitely saved me a lot of time in creating something similar myself.