Features and Enhancements

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I would like to thank you for the excellent product.  It is going to save me countless hours on my project.  I do have a few questions and suggestions.

1. I think it would be useful if the startup/shutdown and other notifications emails would include the computer name. In our environment, we may have multiple autorun hosts performing different tasks.  Knowing which host has started stopped etc would be useful.
  2. Be able to use SQL Server database schemas for database objects, for example instead of 'INSERT INTO tblLog(...'  it could be 'INSERT INTO [dbo].tblLog(...' or 'INSERT INTO [scheduler].tblLog(...'  This would allow user to run multiple hosts against the same database, with multiple copies of the table definitions.  I see this as a configuration value.
  3. Add support for secure / authentication on the .NET remoting.

I am willing to work on some of these enhancements and submit them to you.  Do you any special requirements for development, such as target only up to .NET Framework 2.0?

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Good morning,

sorry for the delay, I did not notice your message earlier! I would like your participation to the project.

The requirements are only the .NET framework 2.0 (as far as I know)

Best regards,
serge